Tuesday, July 26, 2011

weekend recap

Nothing too exciting has gone on with us this weekend.
Annie Carlyle now chooses to sit up when she plays, she's really into beating things such as her toys on the floor, cups in her highchair or to hit the wipe box.

This weekend we introduced stage 2 babyfood apple sauce to Annie Carlyle, she seemed to really like it until I added some cereal to it, she got MAD with me.
I know this seems late to be introducing babyfood to her for the first time at six months, but I have read that exclusively breasfeeding for the first six months is most beneficial to the baby, so I stuck to just breastmilk, except the first 3 months I gave her one formula bottle at bed time. She has also gotten cereal a couple times a week, mixed in with her milk.

Monday we went back to the doctor to have her ear rechecked. The doctor said it was in fact infected, but had been draining and was looking better. We were to stop the ear drops but to continue the amoxicilin twice a day..

Annie Carlyle has really started needing me. She clearly prefers me to others, though anyone can make her smile. This makes me a happy momma but has started to worry me considering school is about to start back up and my mom isn't going to be able to keep her for two weeks. 
part of my randomness
whoever thought sleep training should be done around 4-6 months probably didn't actually have a child. this is in conflict with teething. doesn't work.
Antibiotics make baby's pee STINK STINK STINK! it just blows my mind, I can't believe it!
Matthew has been home today sick, although he isn't feeling better he says he is going back to work tomorrow because he will get sicker staying cooped up in the house another day..
I had my meeting at Coker to determine when I will student teach.. good news and bad news
goodnews is I will finish classes April 28th 2012 and student teach the next fall!
Bad news is my car won't be paid off until January after student teaching, and the slim possibility of getting a job in January after student teaching... although I call this bad news, I know without a doubt in my heart that this is my calling,  I believe wholeheartedly that this is my place to be, and because I am answering the call God will guide me and take care of my family just as He has said.
Last thing-- if you're watching Animal Hoarders and you think you recognize the family, it's probably Matthew and Me! Two kittens "walked up " to matthew while he was outside rounding up our one cat (outside cat but comes in at dark, so coyotes won't eat my laststanding cat!) I immediately tell him to get those cats out of this house and we CANNOT have another animal. Matthew says they need to stay inside in the dog crate in case they belong to someone--- i've already sent a text to all the neighbors, picture included, no one is claiming them. In the meantime I notice how skinny they are so I fix them a bowl of milk. The next morning the kittens are placed outside, and do not  and as of right now have not left our yard. They are cute cats but as of right now we have Duke and Sandy, our two goldens, Izzy our Shih-tzu, and Sissy our cat. We also still have 7 puppies, and now apparently 2 kittens.
love you all!

1 comment:

  1. This is why I love blogs...lots of helpful info! Who's going to keep AC for 2 weeks?

    ReplyDelete